Are you looking for a counselor
who understands deafness and hearing loss issues
and who can sign fluently?
Contact Anne Norton for an appointment.
About Anne Norton:
- Graduated from Gallaudet
University , the world's only Liberal Arts University for
the Deaf with a Masters Degree, and a Specialist degree in Developmental Psychology, and then School Psychology
- Worked with hundreds of deaf students in both residential and mainstream school programs as a school psychologist, Deaf program coordinator, and even dorm supervisor and interpreter.
- Became a Licensed Professional Counselor in 2001 and has worked with many deaf adults and children through her private practice and contracts with state agencies
- Obtained RID CI and CT, and NAD Level IV Certificates of Interpreting
- Is passionate about improving the lives and services for Deaf children,
adults and families
All services for Deaf clients are provided using American Sign Language. Services are available on a a sliding scale ( limited basis ) for those without access or funds for services.
Consultations and Workshops available
Contact Anne Norton for fees.
Sample of Deaf Related Workshop/Consultation Topics
- Basics 101: What I should learn in case I meet a deaf person on the job?
Workshops for Agencies, DVR, DHSS, Mental Health Conferences and others
- Therapy with Deaf Clients- Basics 102.
- Do Deaf People Hear Voices?
- Diagnostic situations and common errors
- Cultural and communication issues in the therapeutic setting.
Workshops For Parents or Parent Groups
- What are the best School services for my deaf child?
- Parenting Decisions regarding a deaf child: communication, acceptance, using interpreters in the home and other important family issues.
- Psycho-Social implications of raising a deaf child for hearing parents
- Raising a hearing child as a Deaf parent
Workshops For Schools:
- Consulting and training Deaf Ed teachers and Educational Interpreters
- Deaf Education/ Methodological / Communication choices-pros & cons
- Deaf Culture issues for medical and social services providers
- A deaf child in my classroom? What will that mean to me?
To schedule services contact Ms Norton at